MY TAKE ON PHOTOGRAPHY

"The reason why we want to remember an image varies: Because we simply 'love it', or dislike it so intensely that it becomes compulsive, or because it has made us realize something about ourselves, or has brought about some slight change in us. Perhaps the reader can recall some image after seeing of which has never been quite the same."

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

High Key

Well, ever since last week's scavenger hunt and finding out what the heck *high key* photography is in  the first place.  I'm realizing more & more how much I'm loving it.... & it's funny because it's so common that when I'm reviewing my shots that a good majority of them are pretty bright, sometimes too blown for saving. But still when you get one, where the lighting is just so and her expression speaks to me... I don't know it's hard for me explain.. anyway I love this one...

217

Here's Maddie from just the other day, chillin out in her bed with her favorite bear "Love Bud."

Here's a few from a few months back around December, that I've always loved, but have always had that silly doubt, you know the one that says.."anyone who's anyone that knows photography would say these are blown to bits!"

259

019_edited-1

I really like this one, because you get a really good sense of her true eye color here.  They've been what I've been calling camo green...Jason's were this exact same color when he was going on 6... & have since changed to a deep dark brown.  You can kind of see the traces of brown already in her eyes, & I suspect that her's will be brown as well by next year.

Haha, and a pair of shoes that I was going to use as *shoes* a few weeks back for Scavanger Hunt...but pulled out at the last minute thinking that it wasn't "technically correct".

001

Moral of the story...love for a photograph or for the moment in which you've captured is solely in the eye of the beholder.

No comments:

Post a Comment