MY TAKE ON PHOTOGRAPHY

"The reason why we want to remember an image varies: Because we simply 'love it', or dislike it so intensely that it becomes compulsive, or because it has made us realize something about ourselves, or has brought about some slight change in us. Perhaps the reader can recall some image after seeing of which has never been quite the same."

Saturday, January 8, 2011

I've Gone Snap Happy :D

I know, what else is new :P  But seriously, more so than usual... I got a new lens after Christmas & have not been able to put my camera down! Here are some of my unfortunate subjects as the result of my insanity!!!
^^see new blog header^^  Of course poor Maddie the first to feel the wrath of my obsession, I suppose she's used to it by now though. She can't even watch TV in peace.

262

218

I am in awe at all the light the 30mm 1.4 (ISO 400 1.4 SS 100) will let in. It's hard to believe it was actually snowing & soo overcast outside at this moment.

200

All right, all right Mommy I'll entertain you with a smile :)

049

Yes, this was right before school, as early as it was, the camera was out...as I've had so many missed opportunities with Jason being away at school all day! Poor guy, I feel like he's being neglected.

030

After all, it was crazy hair day at school...couldn't pass this moment up!

256

This was the first day of the new lens, trying it out, & here you have a lovely portrait of my Maddie clinging to my leg.


078

& this was also in the a.m. before he headed off for school the other day. & ah yes, Fred...I suppose he doesn't mind being tortured all that much.

296

Here's Maddie holding her newest toy...yes, it's a Teddy bear made by me the most UNcrafty person ever. Thank you very much... she was watching an episode of Little Bear on TV, where Mother Bear makes him a stuffed toy bear, & he called him *Fisherman Bear*. Well of course, wouldn't you know, she comes to me asking "Mommy, will you make ME a Fisherman Bear?" And with those eyes, seriously, how could I say no? It was completely her idea to use an old shirt, one of her favorites, with a colorful peace sign on the front to use as material. Buttons sewed on for eyes & a nose and here you have it, Maddie with her new bear. His name is *Sam* by the way.

347

332

I simply can't imagine my life, not capturing these precious moments on film...

4 comments:

  1. Wow I love, LOVE your new lens! I can't believe how bright that shot is and it was snowing outside! Btw, I don't know if this is just me or not because I am reading this on my phone, but although the whole blog entry came through on my google reader, when I went to your actual site I can't see any of the text. Just wanted to let you know in case it wasn't just me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous photos. Yes I can't see your words either. I really love your new lens.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those came out SO lovely!! I am loving the blog update, too. =D

    ReplyDelete