MY TAKE ON PHOTOGRAPHY

"The reason why we want to remember an image varies: Because we simply 'love it', or dislike it so intensely that it becomes compulsive, or because it has made us realize something about ourselves, or has brought about some slight change in us. Perhaps the reader can recall some image after seeing of which has never been quite the same."

Monday, October 18, 2010

"Grounds for Sculpture"

What a surprise! It was our wedding anniversary on the 11th and darling husband has been planning this surprise dinner and excursion for weeks.  Finally this past Saturday with much anticipation, I was totally pleased to find out that we arrived at "Grounds for Sculpture!"  I had never even heard of this place before and can't believe what an amazing and fabulous place it was both for my photography "hobby/obsession" and for just shear enjoyment and pleasure...Here are some of my favorite shots from the day :)

057

259

When we got there it was mid afternoon and we had the most wonderful weather, not to mention the leaves have been changing making it even that much more scenic.

498

043
Haha, what was I thinking turning the camera over to John..but he always says "hoooney, we never have any pictures of you!"

061

Oh what perfect lighting..."honey will you take a picture of my silhouette?"
128
No not like that silly...
132
like this :P



314

326

301
My favorite sculpture of the day...tons of little glass pieces put together by spokes.

349
Oh no, more pictures of me, what the heck was going on this day!

243
Yes, and here's a lovely self portrait of us...I'm to afraid to ask a stranger to take our picture :P

137

098

270
Even the trees were like sculptures :)

168

477

151

What a lovely day, mostly I was so thankful to have a reason to pick up my camera again!

4 comments:

  1. Happy Belated Anniversary! Love all the pictures and glad to see YOU in the picture. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww happy anniversary! Love the pictures, that looks like an awesome location to visit! And I am the same way about asking strangers to take our picture, so every picture with both my husband and I in it is a self-portrait :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pictures! Happy Anniversary. It's so nice seeing pictures of you. You're absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What awesome photos. Happy Anniversary.

    ReplyDelete